Harad or Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula Fruit Powder)
The Haritaki Terminalia Chebula is a large, tall deciduous tree (a tree that sheds its leaves once a year) that produces the Chebula fruit. This tree is found in nations in South East Asia, especially in India. It produces what looks like a nut, ellipsoid in shape, with 5 equi-distanced ridges. The fruit starts green then changes to yellow to orangish brown in color. The fruit is fleshy and pulpy. This fruit is dehydrated and powdered for medicinal and herbal beauty use. Ayurveda has been using this powder for centuries. It contains five tastes: sour, sweet, pungent, bitter, and astringent. The most predominant taste is bitter and astringent. It helps balance the body's three doshas (constitutions) Vata (ether and air), Pitta (fire and water), and Kapha (water and earth). But this powder leans more towards balancing the Vata dosha.
Haritaki Chebula is one of the 3 fruits (Triphala, Sanskrit) that is revered in Ayurveda. Triphala literally means “three fruits,” a traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation consisting of three fruits native to the Indian subcontinent: Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki, (Terminalia belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
References to the use of Triphala formulation, a combined powder, or three fruits used in one, can be found in the Sushrut Samhita, which is dated to 1500 BC. The Sushruta Samhita an early treatise on herbal medicine, contains 184 chapters and descriptions of 1120 illnesses, 700 medicinal plants, and a detailed study on anatomy.
The many health benefits of Haritaki Chebula Powder are as follows:
- Chebula is used for treating kidney and liver conditions.
- It is used to reduce cough, help regulate blood pressure, as a cardiotonic.
- It can regulate bodily health, acts as a diuretic and a laxative. It supports a healthy digestive system and helps cleanse the intestines and urinary tract.
- This powder helps regulate high cholesterol and balance digestive disorders, including diarrhea, constipation, and indigestion.
- It removes toxins from the colon.
- Regular use of this powder helps to promote hair growth. It reduces inflammation and itching of the scalp caused due to dryness and dandruff. Chebula Fruit powder helps clean hair follicles, by removing dirt and impurities from the scalp.
- It helps regulate normal secretions of all mucosal membranes in the digestive, urinary, reproductive, and respiratory systems, keeping them moist, with the right water balance.
- Haritaki powder helps promote healthy vision, and good brain function.
Product Use: Powder, Paste, Capsules, Herbal Tablets.
Quality: Our focus on quality is par excellence. We test our products for long term, general side effects. We've found that there are no side effects when it comes to the general population, men and women, who have been using our line of products over the last 25 years. Read More
Packaging: We currently provide pack sizes that are 50 gms, 100 gms, 500 gms, 1 Kg, 10 Kg, 15 Kgs, 20 Kgs, 50 Kgs, and also provide larger bags in bulk quantities in accordance with your needs. Read More
Private Labeling: To get your new business started and going, make sales, we can help you with our affordable full service Design, Labeling and Packaging your selection of products with us. Read More
Ask us about our Oxo-Biodegradable Plastic bags that are 100% eco-friendly. We can vacuum pack products for freshness upon clients’ requirement only.